games/gcompris* update

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at marcuscom.com
Thu Feb 26 23:09:03 PST 2004

On Fri, 2004-02-27 at 01:56, John Hay wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking at updating the games/gcompris2 port and see that its
> maintainer is gnome at . I have two questions:
>
> There is currently a gcompris and gcompris2 port, but the latest version
> of gcompris is 5.2, so what should the port be called? It looks like
> the gcompris2 port was made to support gnome2 and 5.2 still use gnome2,
> so should it still be gcompris2 or should gcompris2 just be retired and
> gcompris be updated?

I think it's time for gcompris to be retired.

> The current gcompris2 port put most of its data in share/gnome/gcompris
> and from the patches it looks like it was easy to do it that way, but
> in 5.2 a lot more Makefiles have to be patched to achieve that. Should
> I keep on using that directory or is the "natural" directory of the
> program (share/gcompris) ok to use?

You should be able to fix this by adding gnomehack to your USE_GNOME
line.  See http://www.freebsd.org/gnome/docs/porting.html for more
details.

> Maybe a last question, when I am finished with the port, do I just
> post it here for review or do i just commit it and wait for a post-
> commit review? Or is there someone specific that is interested in
> reviewing it?

You can post it here, and it will be reviewed.  Note: bland@ had
mentioned he was looking into updating gcompris a while ago.  I'm not
sure if he's still pursuing it, but you might want to check for him to
avoid any duplication.

Joe