games/gcompris* update

John Hay jhay at icomtek.csir.co.za
Thu Feb 26 22:56:31 PST 2004

Hi,

I'm looking at updating the games/gcompris2 port and see that its
maintainer is gnome at . I have two questions:

There is currently a gcompris and gcompris2 port, but the latest version
of gcompris is 5.2, so what should the port be called? It looks like
the gcompris2 port was made to support gnome2 and 5.2 still use gnome2,
so should it still be gcompris2 or should gcompris2 just be retired and
gcompris be updated?

The current gcompris2 port put most of its data in share/gnome/gcompris
and from the patches it looks like it was easy to do it that way, but
in 5.2 a lot more Makefiles have to be patched to achieve that. Should
I keep on using that directory or is the "natural" directory of the
program (share/gcompris) ok to use?

Maybe a last question, when I am finished with the port, do I just
post it here for review or do i just commit it and wait for a post-
commit review? Or is there someone specific that is interested in
reviewing it?

Thanks.

John
--