please test gdesklets-0.30 on 4.x

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Mon Aug 16 12:13:29 PDT 2004

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 18:57:36 +0200, Franz Klammer <klammer at webonaut.com>
wrote:

> Pav Lucistnik wrote:
>>
>> calendar
>>
>> can't load sensor Calendar.
>>

> found a solution/workaround:
> Calendar try to import a module that doesn't exist any more in 0.30.
>
> attached a patch (hi! mezz ;-)).

Thanks for create a patch! I shall commit it when 0.30 goes in the ports
tree. Umm, a question, why do you remove the -O and *.pyo?

> think we should not remove gdesklets-0.26 from ports tree instead
> it should be still there a gdesklets-old or something like that.
> i'm sure there are more desklets who cause problems after the update.

Ack, it will creating more problems than it is solving so I agree with
pav. :-) If some desklets are out of date and never get update, then those
should be mark as BROKE or remove until it's fixed by add patch(es) or
update by author(s).

Only small part that I don't agree with pav is:

'So patching desklets to be compatible with both versions - yes'

I rather to change this sentence to 'So patching desklets to be compatible
with 0.30 or remove them - yes'.

> franz.

FreeBSD GNOME Team
http://www.FreeBSD.org/gnome/ - gnome at FreeBSD.org