please test gdesklets-0.30 on 4.x

Franz Klammer klammer at webonaut.com
Wed Aug 18 03:17:05 PDT 2004

Pav Lucistnik wrote:
> V po, 16. 08. 2004 v 18:57, Franz Klammer píše:
>

>>>calendar
>>>
>>>can't load sensor Calendar.
>>>

>>found a solution/workaround:
>>Calendar try to import a module that doesn't exist any more in 0.30.
>>
>>attached a patch (hi! mezz ;-)).
>>
>>think we should not remove gdesklets-0.26 from ports tree instead
>>it should be still there a gdesklets-old or something like that.
>>i'm sure there are more desklets who cause problems after the update.
>

> Haven't tested the patch, but I want to comment on this issue. I think
> keeping gdesklets-0.26 in tree is not a good idea. 0.30 is new, prefered
> version by authors and authors of desklets will have to cope with it,
> rather faster than slower, as people will upgrade to 0.30 and old
> desklets will break. There is no future in 0.26, at this point no one is
> going to write a new desklet for 0.26 incompatible with 0.30.
>
> So patching desklets to be compatible with both versions - yes,
> keeping two ports of gdesklets core - no.

there is a bugfixed version in the way - i will wait until this is out.

quoted from:
http://www.gnomedesktop.org/article.php?sid=1920&mode=thread&order=0&thold=1

"There are some severe bugs in gDesklets v0.30. We gonna release a fixed
version soon. Some people reported that some desklets don't work anymore.
Expect a new version within the next days."

franz.