Time wrong with f8

Thu Dec 11 01:38:55 PST 2008

Quoting kama <kama at pvp.se> (from Thu, 11 Dec 2008 09:25:38 +0100 (CET)):

> On Wed, 10 Dec 2008, Beech Rintoul wrote:
>
>> I'm having a problem with f8 and skype. Since I switched from f7 to f8 linux
>> apps are reading my time as GMT instead of localtime. Is there something I
>> need to setup to get the proper time?
>
> You need to set the timezone within the linuxulator.
>
> In gentoo, which I use, you can just copy /etc/localtime to
> /compat/linux/etc. But if I recall correctly f8 uses a different version
> and need todo it in the same way as f8 does.
>
> I believe the zonefiles are located under /usr/share/zoneinfo so...
>
> cp /compat/linux/usr/share/zoneinfo/CET /compat/linux/etc/localtime
>
> ... should to the trick if the zonefiles even are installed, otherwise you
> need to add that rpm package. tzdata-2008h-1.fc8.noarch.rpm should
> probably be used, it apperently have some changes when DST is used on a
> couple of zones. (http://n2.nabble.com/change-timezone--td1400491.html)

It's a known issue. Search the archives. Maybe Boris has a fix for f8
(wait for the ports tree to be unfrozen). We hope that the import a
the new tzcode into FreeBSD solves the issue (by using the same new
format for /etc/localtime). I don't know when this will be imported.

If you laid all of our laws end to end, there would be no end.
		-- Mark Twain