Time wrong with f8

Beech Rintoul beech at alaskaparadise.com
Thu Dec 11 01:44:33 PST 2008

On Thursday 11 December 2008 00:38:40 Alexander Leidinger wrote:
> Quoting kama <kama at pvp.se> (from Thu, 11 Dec 2008 09:25:38 +0100 (CET)):
> > On Wed, 10 Dec 2008, Beech Rintoul wrote:
> >> I'm having a problem with f8 and skype. Since I switched from f7 to f8
> >> linux apps are reading my time as GMT instead of localtime. Is there
> >> something I need to setup to get the proper time?
> >
> > You need to set the timezone within the linuxulator.
> >
> > In gentoo, which I use, you can just copy /etc/localtime to
> > /compat/linux/etc. But if I recall correctly f8 uses a different version
> > and need todo it in the same way as f8 does.
> >
> > I believe the zonefiles are located under /usr/share/zoneinfo so...
> >
> > cp /compat/linux/usr/share/zoneinfo/CET /compat/linux/etc/localtime
> >
> > ... should to the trick if the zonefiles even are installed, otherwise
> > you need to add that rpm package. tzdata-2008h-1.fc8.noarch.rpm should
> > probably be used, it apperently have some changes when DST is used on a
> > couple of zones. (http://n2.nabble.com/change-timezone--td1400491.html)
>
> It's a known issue. Search the archives. Maybe Boris has a fix for f8
> (wait for the ports tree to be unfrozen). We hope that the import a
> the new tzcode into FreeBSD solves the issue (by using the same new
> format for /etc/localtime). I don't know when this will be imported.
>
> Bye,
> Alexander.

Thanks, I just downloaded the latest rpm extracted it with rpm2cpio and
installed by hand. Seems to work :-)

Beech
Beech Rintoul - FreeBSD Developer - beech at FreeBSD.org
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | FreeBSD Since 4.x
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail   | http://people.freebsd.org/~beech
 X  - NO Word docs in e-mail | Skype: akbeech
/ \  - http://www.FreeBSD.org/releases/7.0R/announce.html