Time wrong with f8

kama kama at pvp.se
Thu Dec 11 00:56:27 PST 2008

On Wed, 10 Dec 2008, Beech Rintoul wrote:

> I'm having a problem with f8 and skype. Since I switched from f7 to f8 linux
> apps are reading my time as GMT instead of localtime. Is there something I
> need to setup to get the proper time?

You need to set the timezone within the linuxulator.

In gentoo, which I use, you can just copy /etc/localtime to
/compat/linux/etc. But if I recall correctly f8 uses a different version
and need todo it in the same way as f8 does.

I believe the zonefiles are located under /usr/share/zoneinfo so...

cp /compat/linux/usr/share/zoneinfo/CET /compat/linux/etc/localtime

... should to the trick if the zonefiles even are installed, otherwise you
need to add that rpm package. tzdata-2008h-1.fc8.noarch.rpm should
probably be used, it apperently have some changes when DST is used on a
couple of zones. (http://n2.nabble.com/change-timezone--td1400491.html)

/Bjorn