Thanks for the Raspberry Pi!

Aleksandr Rybalko ray at ddteam.net
Mon Jan 28 13:36:02 UTC 2013

On Mon, 28 Jan 2013 06:15:05 -0500
George Mitchell <george at m5p.com> wrote:

> Today is my birthday, and the best present I have is that my Raspberry
> Pi is running FreeBSD plus CUPS and acting as a print server for the
> FreeBSD machines (and one Windoze machine) on my home network.  My
> sincere thanks go to everybody who helped bring FreeBSD to the ARM and
> specifically to the Pi.  It would be awesome if we could get ARM
> promoted to Tier 1 support this year.
>
> I'm interested in working on a driver for the pulse-width modulation
> audio output on the Pi, and I have the Broadcom document describing how
> it works.  What are the chances I could base such a driver on some
> existing FreeBSD audio driver?                       -- George Mitchell

Hi George,

Think you can base it on any simplest one.
Main difference in the clock, so if you want 8bit resolution at
44100Hz, you will need to set pwm clock to 2^8 * 44100 = 11289600, and
then just at freq 44100Hz program duty cycle for current sample.

Problem only in clocks, because for 16bits you must set
2^16 * 44100 = 2890137600, so it is almost 3GHz :-D

Good luck!

WBW
--
Aleksandr Rybalko <ray at ddteam.net>