Small board with switch

Paul Schenkeveld freebsd at psconsult.nl
Thu Jan 31 17:23:55 UTC 2013

Hi,

I'm looking for a small gigabit switch that runs FreeBSD.

Ideally it should have at least 6 ports but I could live with 5 or 4.
The TP-Link TL-WR1043ND (but without Wifi radio) would come close.

It should be stable providing switching between the ports, routing
(just a handful of static routes), a handful of pf rules and some
sort of Netflow data collector.

It would be nice if the switch could be configured (vlans) but that's
not absolutely necessary as all ports will be used in trunk mode.

I know it can be done with a Soekris board and bridge all ports
together but I'd prefer switch class performance over software
bridging.

Hope someone can help me.

With kind regards,

Paul Schenkeveld