Thanks for the Raspberry Pi!

George Mitchell george at m5p.com
Mon Jan 28 11:15:13 UTC 2013

Today is my birthday, and the best present I have is that my Raspberry
Pi is running FreeBSD plus CUPS and acting as a print server for the
FreeBSD machines (and one Windoze machine) on my home network.  My
sincere thanks go to everybody who helped bring FreeBSD to the ARM and
specifically to the Pi.  It would be awesome if we could get ARM
promoted to Tier 1 support this year.

I'm interested in working on a driver for the pulse-width modulation
audio output on the Pi, and I have the Broadcom document describing how
it works.  What are the chances I could base such a driver on some
existing FreeBSD audio driver?                       -- George Mitchell