Problems with mirrors.xml and advisories.xml

Alex Dupre ale at FreeBSD.org
Sat Jan 10 09:12:59 UTC 2004

Hiroki Sato wrote:

>   - If $WEB_ONLY is defined, mirrors.xml and transtable.xml is not used.
>     A list of the mirror sites generated in index.html becomes a dummy one,
>     and calling transtable-lookup with a word returns the word itself.
>     Now www/ tree can be built without doc/ tree (some information becomes
>     unavailable though).

I think this should be slightly changed. It's ok that www could be built
without doc, but it shouldn't determined by the WEB_ONLY variable. On
freefall the web sites are built more often than the whole
documentation, right? If so, the localized sites will miss some
information most of the time. Even if freefall everytime rebuilds
everything, I think it would be useful to create complete web sites
without rebuilding all docs.

--
Alex Dupre