apple moving to x86

Stephen Hurd shurd at sasktel.net
Wed Jun 8 02:58:15 GMT 2005

> On this, I do agree. I think Mac hardware lives up to a better standard
> of quality than most x86 machines, BUT, I would also surmise, as
> Microsoft consistantly has sold products to people who knew they were
> flawed, that this is a 50/50 proposition. At best.

Have you used the new stock Apple keyboards?  Their new mice (with the
*one* button on the BOTTOM of all places)?  Both of them annoy me to no
end when I'm forced to use them.  If they are an example of a "better
standard" I'm glad I still have my trust ultra-clicky ancient IBM PS/2
keyboard thank-you very much.  (And three buttons on top of my mouse)

> One thing, that I am insanely curious about, is, will this make endian
> issues in sourcecode not ported to PPC go away for the most part?
> Specifically in regard to networking (client/server)?

SPARC64 is Tier I, PPC isn't.  *shrug*