bluetooth dongle not working

Deniss Lee deniss.lee at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 13:34:59 UTC 2007

> > you did not provide enough details to give you any useful answer. just
> > by looking at the error message i can say that your bluetooth dongle
> > did not respond to the "reset" command.
>
> This sounds similar to a problem that occurred on the NetBSD (USB) stack,
> when the USB was ehci->uhci->ubt - maybe Deniss can post the relevant
> parts of his dmesg?

I'm sorry for being incompetent, but which parts are essential? I pasted all
what happens when dongle is inserted. I'm using latest STABLE.

What was solution to that NetBSD problem you just described?

> > you may have an usb problem here. you could try another bluetooth
> > dongle (from another manufacturer) and if problem persist then it is
> > likely an usb problem, otherwise - dongle.

Problem remains in different FreeBSD powered PCs, but it keeps working
on Windows, so It is not a usb problem I guess.

> Also, if you have the above setup, please try to go to the BIOS and turn
> off USB2.0, it may work differently in that case..

Will try as soon as I can.