bluetooth dongle not working

Iain Hibbert plunky at rya-online.net
Tue Mar 27 19:13:33 UTC 2007

On Tue, 27 Mar 2007, Deniss Lee wrote:

> > > you did not provide enough details to give you any useful answer. just
> > > by looking at the error message i can say that your bluetooth dongle
> > > did not respond to the "reset" command.
> >
> > This sounds similar to a problem that occurred on the NetBSD (USB) stack,
> > when the USB was ehci->uhci->ubt - maybe Deniss can post the relevant
> > parts of his dmesg?

> What was solution to that NetBSD problem you just described?

The problem was something to do with "data toggles" in the EHCI code - see
http://cvsweb.netbsd.org (I think), look in src/sys/dev/usb/ehci.c and it
was fixed a couple of months ago (by Matthias Drochner)

more than one person was seeing the exact same thing - the first packet
sent on the control endpoint (a command) would generate data on the
interrupt endpoint (an event) but the second would not, and thus the
'dongle did not respond' error sounds familiar..

I don't know if the same problem exists on FreeBSD (it was the same USB
stack though has had different fixes applied over time), and IIRC the
FreeBSD ng_ubt driver handles the USB interrupt transfers slightly
differently, so it could be unrelated, but its worth a try..

iain