PinebookPro misc drivers..

Emmanuel Vadot manu at bidouilliste.com
Sun Mar 21 10:20:07 UTC 2021

On Sun, 21 Mar 2021 11:02:28 +0100
Søren Schmidt <soren.schmidt at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10 Mar 2021, at 16.01, Emmanuel Vadot <manu at bidouilliste.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, 10 Mar 2021 15:29:21 +0100
> > Søren Schmidt <soren.schmidt at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> I?ve uploaded the latest from my PinebookPro collection here:
> >> https://people.freebsd.org/~sos/PinebookPro/ <https://people.freebsd.org/~sos/PinebookPro/>
> >>
> >> Comment,, bugs, etc welcome?
> >
> > Few comments,
> >
> > - Could you at least share patches generated with git diff ?
>
> No git here, but added patches to the one file (rk_gpio.c) that isn?t new :)

 Why was all the softc variable renamed, this makes reviewing much
harder than it should be.

> > - rk_gpiokeys.c doesn't seems correct, we already have
> > sys/dev/gpio/gpiokeys.c so patch this one if it isn't enough for lid
> > switch need.
>
> Well, the stock drivers handling of this is, well, less than optimal and the lid support is pretty unique to the pbp so I decided to go this way as to not ?pollute? the original.

 Less than optimal why ?
 Pretty unique why ?
 I don't see anything unique for the pbp in the dts and if the driver
that we already have is missing some stuff it should be patched.

> > I could comment more if I would be able to diff more easily.
>
> As stated above there is now a patch for you for rk_gpio.c the rest has nothing to diff against.
>
> BTW I added support for writing an updated u-boot-2021.01 to the SPI flash on the pbp (also works for rockpro64), so one can boot from eMMC, SDcard, USB and NVMe with kbd/mouse support and screen output from the first u-boot output.

 And again no patches make this really hard to review.
 Please create a phabricator account and post patches there, we can
then have a proper discussion.

--
Emmanuel Vadot <manu at bidouilliste.com> <manu at FreeBSD.org>