PinebookPro misc drivers..

Søren Schmidt soren.schmidt at gmail.com
Sun Mar 21 10:02:34 UTC 2021

On 10 Mar 2021, at 16.01, Emmanuel Vadot <manu at bidouilliste.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 10 Mar 2021 15:29:21 +0100
> Søren Schmidt <soren.schmidt at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I?ve uploaded the latest from my PinebookPro collection here:
>> https://people.freebsd.org/~sos/PinebookPro/ <https://people.freebsd.org/~sos/PinebookPro/>
>>
>> Comment,, bugs, etc welcome?
>
> Few comments,
>
> - Could you at least share patches generated with git diff ?

No git here, but added patches to the one file (rk_gpio.c) that isn’t new :)

> - rk_gpiokeys.c doesn't seems correct, we already have
> sys/dev/gpio/gpiokeys.c so patch this one if it isn't enough for lid
> switch need.

Well, the stock drivers handling of this is, well, less than optimal and the lid support is pretty unique to the pbp so I decided to go this way as to not “pollute” the original.

> I could comment more if I would be able to diff more easily.

As stated above there is now a patch for you for rk_gpio.c the rest has nothing to diff against.

BTW I added support for writing an updated u-boot-2021.01 to the SPI flash on the pbp (also works for rockpro64), so one can boot from eMMC, SDcard, USB and NVMe with kbd/mouse support and screen output from the first u-boot output.

BTW2: the pinebookpro dock from pine64 seems to have an issue, if you turn the USB-C connector “wrong” you will lose alt the USB3 device in it. Simply turn the plug 180 degrees and everything works.

--
Søren Schmidt
sos at deepcore.dk / sos at freebsd.org
"So much code to hack, so little time"