PinebookPro misc drivers..

Emmanuel Vadot manu at bidouilliste.com
Sun Mar 21 10:46:54 UTC 2021

On Sun, 21 Mar 2021 11:19:57 +0100
Emmanuel Vadot <manu at bidouilliste.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 21 Mar 2021 11:02:28 +0100
> Søren Schmidt <soren.schmidt at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On 10 Mar 2021, at 16.01, Emmanuel Vadot <manu at bidouilliste.com> wrote:

> > > Few comments,
> > >
> > > - Could you at least share patches generated with git diff ?
> >
> > No git here, but added patches to the one file (rk_gpio.c) that isn?t new :)
>
>  Why was all the softc variable renamed, this makes reviewing much
> harder than it should be.
>
> > > - rk_gpiokeys.c doesn't seems correct, we already have
> > > sys/dev/gpio/gpiokeys.c so patch this one if it isn't enough for lid
> > > switch need.
> >
> > Well, the stock drivers handling of this is, well, less than optimal and the lid support is pretty unique to the pbp so I decided to go this way as to not ?pollute? the original.
>
>  Less than optimal why ?
>  Pretty unique why ?
>  I don't see anything unique for the pbp in the dts and if the driver
> that we already have is missing some stuff it should be patched.

 So, since I'm a nice guy I've looked at the driver.
 It is unique because you made it unique.
 Upon lid switch even if the lid closed you deactivate the lcd power
gpio control pin (which is not referenced in the dts node for the lid
switch) using a really a gross hack. We should never do that.
 You've also written that you haven't been able to get interrupts when
you open the lid but since you only configure it with
GPIO_INTR_EDGE_FALLING that's normal. What is happening if you
configure it with GPIO_INTR_EDGE_BOTH ? If it's still not working it
probably shows a problem in your gpio patch that add interrupts support.