cups package?

George Mitchell george+freebsd at m5p.com
Tue Jan 21 15:02:50 UTC 2020

I'm running 11.2-RELEASE on my ancient Raspberry Pi.  I recently
deleted the cups package (because I hate CUPS and it's a pain to
type /usr/bin/lpr all the time to get the right lpr).  Then I did
a pkg upgrade which did lots of good updates with no problem --
including ghostscript9-agpl-base.  (ghostscript9-agpl-base was
last updated on January 17.)  Unfortunately, ghostscript9-agpl-base
as packaged depends on libcups.so.2 libcupsimage.so.2.  But I
can't reinstall cups because it is not found in the current package
repository.  Isn't it wrong that the official repo should have an
unsatisfied dependency, other than as a transitory problem?  Help!
-- George