PINE64 - 12.0-CURRENT r324563 - ntpd can't keep time

Emmanuel Vadot manu at bidouilliste.com
Thu Nov 16 08:49:06 UTC 2017

On Wed, 15 Nov 2017 22:18:31 +0100 (CET)
Andreas Schwarz <freebsd.asc at strcmp.org> wrote:

> On 15.11.17, Emmanuel Vadot wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 15 Nov 2017 02:09:06 +0100 (CET)
> > Andreas Schwarz <freebsd.asc at strcmp.org> wrote:
> >
> >> Latest u-boot-sunxi-with-spl.bin was not working for me, I'm using an older
> >> one. Maybe a dtb processing problem, mine is up to date (created from the
> >> dts).
> >>
> >> -asc
> >
> >  What was the problem with the ports ?
> >  Up to date with what ? sys/dts/arm64/ (sys/boot/fdt/dts/arm64) ?
> >
> >  The current u-boot ports provide the DTS (it came from upstream Linux)
> > and doesn't have the PMU (Power Management Unit) or the cpu-supply
> > property for the cpu node while the one from sys/dts/arm64 does.
>
> This makes the difference, the u-boot port which I have in use, is loading
> the dtb from the fat partition. It's probably the u-boot port, which was
> provided with the pine64 image from the raspbsd.org page. This was my
> "starting point", in the meantime I've tried to replace the related blocks
> with differnt u-boot images, but not successful.
>
> -asc

 Could you try the same setup that you have now but removing 1200000
1300000 from the operating_point table in sys/dts/arm64/a64.dtsi
please ?
 I'm not sure that the pine64 is stable enough at this frequency.

 Thanks,

--
Emmanuel Vadot <manu at bidouilliste.com> <manu at freebsd.org>