PINE64 - 12.0-CURRENT r324563 - ntpd can't keep time

Mark Millard markmi at dsl-only.net
Thu Nov 16 09:46:55 UTC 2017

On 2017-Nov-16, at 12:49 AM, Emmanuel Vadot <manu at bidouilliste.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 15 Nov 2017 22:18:31 +0100 (CET)
> Andreas Schwarz <freebsd.asc at strcmp.org> wrote:
>
>> On 15.11.17, Emmanuel Vadot wrote:

>>> What was the problem with the ports ?
>>> Up to date with what ? sys/dts/arm64/ (sys/boot/fdt/dts/arm64) ?
>>>
>>> The current u-boot ports provide the DTS (it came from upstream Linux)
>>> and doesn't have the PMU (Power Management Unit) or the cpu-supply
>>> property for the cpu node while the one from sys/dts/arm64 does.
>>
>> This makes the difference, the u-boot port which I have in use, is loading
>> the dtb from the fat partition. It's probably the u-boot port, which was
>> provided with the pine64 image from the raspbsd.org page. This was my
>> "starting point", in the meantime I've tried to replace the related blocks
>> with differnt u-boot images, but not successful.
>>
>> -asc
>
> Could you try the same setup that you have now but removing 1200000
> 1300000 from the operating_point table in sys/dts/arm64/a64.dtsi
> please ?
> I'm not sure that the pine64 is stable enough at this frequency.

Just FYI: whatever frequency ends up being used based on
the u-boot-master based u-boot has worked fine for me
on the Pine64+ 2GB. -j4 buidlworld, buildkernel. (clang
full and extras, lldb, lld bootstrapped and normal
all being included.) Also poudriere building ports
allowing the job to use all 4 cores. I build gcc7
and what it depends on, for example.

But I have a case with a fan for cooling and heatsinks.
The power supply is one for an official rpi3 one as well.
(So, it has a slightly higher voltage than normal: 5.1V.)
The fan gets power from the Pine64+ 2GB. But the USB SSD
is via a powered hub. The hub is the only USB device
plugged in. Ethernet present and sometimes used.

FYI: my last from-scratch buildworld buildkernel on the
Pine64+ 2GB took a little under 18 hr + 10 min and was
of -r325700 (built by -r325700 that was from a
cross-build).

===
Mark Millard
markmi at dsl-only.net