PINE64 - 12.0-CURRENT r324563 - ntpd can't keep time

Andreas Schwarz freebsd.asc at strcmp.org
Wed Nov 15 21:18:38 UTC 2017

On 15.11.17, Emmanuel Vadot wrote:

> On Wed, 15 Nov 2017 02:09:06 +0100 (CET)
> Andreas Schwarz <freebsd.asc at strcmp.org> wrote:
>
>> Latest u-boot-sunxi-with-spl.bin was not working for me, I'm using an older
>> one. Maybe a dtb processing problem, mine is up to date (created from the
>> dts).
>>
>> -asc
>
>  What was the problem with the ports ?
>  Up to date with what ? sys/dts/arm64/ (sys/boot/fdt/dts/arm64) ?
>
>  The current u-boot ports provide the DTS (it came from upstream Linux)
> and doesn't have the PMU (Power Management Unit) or the cpu-supply
> property for the cpu node while the one from sys/dts/arm64 does.

This makes the difference, the u-boot port which I have in use, is loading
the dtb from the fat partition. It's probably the u-boot port, which was
provided with the pine64 image from the raspbsd.org page. This was my
"starting point", in the meantime I've tried to replace the related blocks
with differnt u-boot images, but not successful.

-asc