FreeBSD 10.0-RC3 Now Available

Andrew Turner andrew at fubar.geek.nz
Thu Dec 26 19:48:38 UTC 2013

On Thu, 26 Dec 2013 10:25:09 -0800
Tim Kientzle <kientzle at freebsd.org> wrote:

> On Dec 26, 2013, at 8:25 AM, Glen Barber <gjb at FreeBSD.org> wrote:
>
> > The third RC build of the 10.0-RELEASE release cycle is now
> > available on the FTP servers for the amd64, i386, ia64, powerpc,
> > powerpc64 and sparc64 architectures.
>
> What do we need to include some ARM images?
>
> At a minimum, I would love to get an official RC3 build for RPi.

I would suggest we could build a tarball of armv6 userland and an RPi
image to dd to an SD card.

Building the former should be straight forward.

For the latter, assuming the release target is unable to build the
required U-Boot binary, we could use crochet. I'm not sure if we can
use a tarball as the input for this to guarantee both are the same.

Ii would be useful if someone from re@ could update [1] with their
requirements from the arm developers on this.

Andrew

[1] https://wiki.freebsd.org/ARMTier1