FreeBSD 10.0-RC3 Now Available

Glen Barber gjb at FreeBSD.org
Thu Dec 26 19:55:16 UTC 2013

On Thu, Dec 26, 2013 at 07:48:30PM +0000, Andrew Turner wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Dec 2013 10:25:09 -0800
> Tim Kientzle <kientzle at freebsd.org> wrote:
>

> > On Dec 26, 2013, at 8:25 AM, Glen Barber <gjb at FreeBSD.org> wrote:
> >
> > > The third RC build of the 10.0-RELEASE release cycle is now
> > > available on the FTP servers for the amd64, i386, ia64, powerpc,
> > > powerpc64 and sparc64 architectures.
> >
> > What do we need to include some ARM images?
> >
> > At a minimum, I would love to get an official RC3 build for RPi.
>
> I would suggest we could build a tarball of armv6 userland and an RPi
> image to dd to an SD card.
>
> Building the former should be straight forward.
>
> For the latter, assuming the release target is unable to build the
> required U-Boot binary, we could use crochet. I'm not sure if we can
> use a tarball as the input for this to guarantee both are the same.

The problem with using crochet is that it requires git on the build
machine, which just adds to the minimum dependencies needed, both for
crochet itself, and (last I was aware) an external uboot tree.

Maybe it is just more sensible to take what crochet is doing, and make
that into a release target.

> Ii would be useful if someone from re@ could update [1] with their
> requirements from the arm developers on this.

I'll be happy to.

Glen