Adaptec 29160N - Having a few problems.

Jeff Hill jhill at hronline.com
Wed May 31 13:09:49 PDT 2000

Michael Parkinson wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Currently using Debian on all our servers.  Never had any problems setting
> up Linux, always worked fine until:
>
> Just recieved two new servers from our supplier, but instead of the usual
> SCSI card we ended up with two nice new Adaptec 29160N's in them.  Now my
> install disk hasn't got a clue?
>
> I am desparately seeking some infomation/links/help on how to get the
> systems up using Debian.......
>
> Where can I get the latest and greatest copy of the aic7xxx driver with
> this device included?

Latest versions of aic7xxx are at:

	http://people.redhat.com/dledford/

You'll have to patch the driver and compile as a module or compile into
kernel.

I don't know about support for 29160Ns, having my own difficulties
getting 2940U2Ws to work properly.

You might also try the linux-scsi list as it seems very few people are
on this one.

Best of luck.

Jeff Hill