Adaptec 29160N - Having a few problems.

Michael Parkinson michael at intellnet.net.uk
Wed May 31 12:47:37 PDT 2000

Hello all,

Currently using Debian on all our servers.  Never had any problems setting
up Linux, always worked fine until:

Just recieved two new servers from our supplier, but instead of the usual
SCSI card we ended up with two nice new Adaptec 29160N's in them.  Now my
install disk hasn't got a clue?

I am desparately seeking some infomation/links/help on how to get the
systems up using Debian.......

Where can I get the latest and greatest copy of the aic7xxx driver with
this device included?

Having not re-compiled many kernels what is the best way of getting this
information onto a floppy and from there onto the machine to allow me to
set-up and install the base system so I can then recompile the kernel on
the system to include the new drivers??

Please help..........getting desparate there isn't much out there regarding
these cards or not that I could find.

With thanks

Michael Parkinson

http://www.ishop.co.uk/