help needed 2940U2W, aic7xxx 5.1.15, kernel 2.2.5 scsi

Utku Er erutku at netone.net.tr
Fri Jul 30 01:44:57 PDT 1999

 Hi, I have Adaptec 2940U2W and 2 Seagate cheetah hdd, just install
redhat 6.0 which is known to have aic7xxx driver version 5.1.15 built in
in it...

 When I make "mke2fs -c /dev/sda1"  it hangs when writing inode
tables... Linux hangs so I have to hard boot... and no
/var/log/messages...

any help??

thanks,

Utku.