HP NETRAID

Andy Kennedy akennedy at anniston-ancdf.army.mil
Thu Jul 22 12:32:42 PDT 1999

I have a HP NetSever LH Pro with the following system specs:

P-Pro 200
2 (on board) AIC 7880's attached to a (PCI) HP NetRaid card.

I'm trying to install Slackware 4.0 onto this box which just has been
liberated from MicroSloth Network Terrorist.  I am intending to run Raid 5
on the box with the existing configuration, but I don't know what exactly to
do about the HP NetRaid card.  Is that going to be something that will screw
me in the end?  When booting with the AIC7XXX.S version 5.1.10 I can see
both cards.  The puzzling part about this for me is that I don't see the 3 9
gigs from the AIC Bios (v 1.24).  The HP NetRaid card has the Bios which
does see the drives.  I don't know what to do from here.  The system did
boot from the first logical Array with NT but I cannot even see it.

Anybody out there have one of these HP's w/ Linux on it.  I could use the
help.

Tip:  I press <Ctrl - A> for the host utility, but NADA.  HP NetRaid Comes
up with its little utility and I can get to it with <CTRL - M>.

what to do?

Thanx
andy