2940U2W, aic7xxx 5.1.15, kernel 2.2.5 scsi hangs...badblock?

Utku Er erutku at netone.net.tr
Thu Jul 22 07:00:41 PDT 1999

 Hi, I have Adaptec 2940U2W and just compile 2.2.5 kernel which has
aic7xxx driver version 5.1.15 in it...

 I boot from my IDE, install linux on IDE, and my tho scsi disks are
found OK. and I fdisk both to have one partition each. When I try to
mke2fs -c /dev/sda1 linux hangs, so I had to hard reboot.

 I was using this scsi disks for my proxy for a long time and sometimes
they give EXT2 errors and I suspect they have badblocks.

 Is this a problem with badblocks program ?? does it well on this type
of scsis?? Or my scsc disks have badblocks?

any help would be appreciated !

thanks,

Utku.