3940W / Kernel 2.0.36+ fix

Doug Ledford dledford at redhat.com
Fri Jul 9 18:51:36 PDT 1999

Nick Taylor wrote:

> Hi again
>
> Have tried disabling the MMAPIO as suggested and that seems to have done the
> trick :-)  Many thanks.
>
> I don't know whether you feel it's worth building in some checks so that
> these 3940s don't break - The BIOS on mine are 1.24, maybe this has been
> superceded with one that does work.
>
> If there's any info that would help....

OK, that's what I needed to know.  I'll make a 5.1.19 version of the driver
that makes the MMAPIO choice something that can be configured at runtime
instead of compile time and add a few defaults in there to try and fix some
stuff.  The fact that this fixed the problem though makes me think there is
either something wrong with your particular 3940 card or with the combination
of your 3940 and your motherboard chipset.

--
  Doug Ledford   <dledford at redhat.com>
   Opinions expressed are my own, but