Kernel-SCSI crash. (Serious bug since 5.0.11?)

Stephan Loescher loescher at leo.org
Fri Jul 9 12:33:11 PDT 1999

Doug Ledford <dledford at redhat.com> writes:

Hi!

Thank you very much!
I have undefined MMAPIO in Linux 2.0.36 (5.1.4/3.2.4) and now it is
stable.

> OK, I must have missed this report somehow.  Anyway, the big item of change
> between the 5.0.10 and later versions is that all later versions default to
> using MMAPIO instead of PIO.  So, if you want to test things out, go into the

What is the difference between MMAPIO and PIO?
Is there an problem with my 3940U-card?
Can I uncomment MMAPIO in 2.2.x and 2.3.x-kernels, too?

Stephan.

loescher at leo.org
http://www.leo.org/~loescher/
Try the LEO-archive: http://www.leo.org/archiv/archiv_e.html