LIUNX: Hacking 5.0.19/2.1.107 to detect/support 2940U2W?

Frank Strauss strauss at escape.de
Tue Jun 30 00:30:36 PDT 1998

Hi!

Greg> I've spent a few hours over the last couple of days hacking
Greg> the aic7xxx driver (V5.0.19) in kernel version 2.1.107 to detect
Greg> and support an Adaptec 2940U2W (Ultra2 LVD controller).

Greg> I have *NO* idea if I am on the right track or not. Currently
Greg> I'm just working through the FreeBSD cam code (from
Greg> ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/cam/) and adding things which
Greg> aren't apparent or seem Ultra2 specific into the aic7xxx driver.

i've tried similar things. without much success. ;-/

Greg> [...] If there is any interest I'll make a snap shot of
Greg> the patches to the above kernel/driver version and put them
Greg> up on the WWW.

since my attempts got stuck at some barriers (aicasm code, parity errors
in sequencer download, scsi rate detection, ...), i'd like to take a look.

 Frank