AIC7895 on motherboard keeps interrupting

Justin T. Gibbs gibbs at narnia.plutotech.com
Mon Jun 15 14:57:06 PDT 1998

In article <199806151652.KAA21470 at cos.plc.com> you wrote:
> I am new to this mailing list.  Please excuse me if this is a common question.
>
> I am working on a system that uses the bsd adaptec driver.
> I am trying to get the 7895 chipset working.  The driver is based on the
> bsd 2.2.2 source.  I did not see support for the 7895 in FreeBsd so I got
> Linux 2.1.99.  Linux 2.1.99 boots and recognizes the chipset and drives.

FreeBSD had aic7895 support long before Linux did.  The Linux driver is
actually a port of the BSD driver.

You should be able to get support for your system by running FreeBSD-stable
or FreeBSD-current and applying the CAM SCSI snapshot from this location:

ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/cam/

The README file in that location should give you all the information you
need.

--
Justin