Which driver update to use? -- SUCCESS!

Ken Garlock k-garlock at ti.com
Mon Jun 15 10:53:42 PDT 1998

Hi Doug.  Over the weekend I pulled your 5.0.19 release from your 2.0.34
directory, and replaced the existing RH 5.1 files with your files.

During the initial "make boot" and "make modules" I received internal GCC
errors.  I restarted the make in each case and the make continued to normal
end.  This I believe to be errors in the original 5.0.13 code in the
RH source (since I hadnt install your new code yet, rather just building
it.)

Once I had a new kernel running with your 5.0.19 code, I did  4 more "make
boot" runs WITHOUT an error.
 I think you have a winner there.

Many thanks, and keep up the good work...

Regards,
Ken Garlock              k-garlock at ti.com