AIC7895 on motherboard keeps interrupting

Tom Daley tdaley at plc.com
Mon Jun 15 09:52:50 PDT 1998

I am new to this mailing list.  Please excuse me if this is a common question.

I am working on a system that uses the bsd adaptec driver.
I am trying to get the 7895 chipset working.  The driver is based on the
bsd 2.2.2 source.  I did not see support for the 7895 in FreeBsd so I got
Linux 2.1.99.  Linux 2.1.99 boots and recognizes the chipset and drives.

I have looked at the Linux driver source and added code for the 7895 in
the bsd driver but it doesn't work.  I am still using the sequencer code
from the bsd driver.  I see that there are many differences in the Linux
sequencer code from the bsd 2.2.2.

The problem I am seeing, is that as soon as I enable interrupts the interrupt
handler gets called continuously.

Has anyone run into this type of problem?

Can I run a 7895 with the bsd 2.2.2 sequencer code?

Is there a bsd driver that supports the 7895 already?

Thanks in advance.

Tom Daley
tdaley at plc.com