aic7xxx driver problems solution

Raimonds Cicans RAY at ccf.lkb.bkc.lv
Fri Jul 3 11:03:14 PDT 1998

 My problems with my Adaptec AHA-2940 card & kernel 2.0.34
disappeared when I used method described below.

Requirments:
      - Installed M$ Windows 95   :-(  with installed
          Adaptec SCSI card driver
      - Installed & Configured LoadLin package.

Step 1. Make shortcut to loadlin bat file (for example -
        on desktop)
Step 2. In shortcut properties  Programm\Advanced..
        set
              [*] MS-DOS mode
                     and
              (*) Use current MS-DOS configuration
Step 3. Run shortcut.

IMHO may also work runing loadlin from dos (any version)
with installed Adaptec SCSI DOS driver.

                                    Ray

P.S. Sorry for my English