Trouble with (aic7xxx)5.0.19 driver on Linux

Robert G. Brown rgb at phy.duke.edu
Thu Jul 2 13:39:24 PDT 1998

On Thu, 2 Jul 1998, Doug Ledford wrote:

> I've been exceedingly quite lately.  The reason is simple.  I've
> End-Of-Lifed the 5.0.x driver series at this point.  I'm currently working
> on the 5.1.0 driver, and expect to have the first release out by the end of
> this weekend (fingers crossed).  The 5.0.x driver was in need of a
> sequencer<->kernel audit, and since it needed a new sequencer to support U2W
> devices, it would have been a waste of time.  So, the decision was made to
> go on forward to the 5.1.0 driver and resolve any problems there instead of
> continuing to beat a dead horse that didn't have U2W support.

Ahh, is 5.1.0 going to be a trial U2W port?  I've a whole stack of
systems with 7890's onboard, and am trying to hack U2W into the driver
myself since your note on the website ("until 5.1") sounded like it
might be a long time.  If you need a test site/beta human/debugger for
7890's, I'm your man!

(And it is so much BETTER for YOU to figure out where to put the
AHC_ULTRA2 type in ahc_types, etc...that way the final code will look
a whole lot less like, well, a hack...;-)

   rgb

Duke University Dept. of Physics, Box 90305
Durham, N.C. 27708-0305
Phone: 1-919-660-2567  Fax: 919-660-2525     email:rgb at phy.duke.edu