Benign glitch with 7895, RE: Red Hat 5.2 boot disk

Albert Max Lai amlai at columbia.edu
Mon Dec 21 01:39:03 PST 1998

On Mon, 21 Dec 1998, Braden N. McDaniel wrote:

> I have noticed an odd, and apparently benign, glitch. Whenever I boot up, I
> get a message claiming I am using an illegal cable configuration. But I
> don't, and things seem to work just fine.

I've noticed that mine seems to think that I have no cables at all hooked
up to mine:

kernel: (scsi0) Cables present (Int-50 NO, Int-68 NO, Ext-68 NO)

Of course, I have stuff hooked up to both the Int-50 and the Int-68.

                                                 \\\|||///
                                                 |       |
                                                (  @   @  )
* Albert Lai         SEAS Columbia University                          *
* Residential Computer Consultant                                      *
* e-mail: amlai at columbia.edu     http://www.columbia.edu/~aml61        *
*         aml61 at columbia.edu     http://amlai3.ec.rhno.columbia.edu    *
* AOL:    LaiAlbert at aol.com                                            *
* 1018D East Campus                                                    *
* 411 W 116th St                                                       *
* New York, NY 10027                            .oooO                  *
* Ph: (212)853-4854                             (   ) Oooo.            *