Benign glitch with 7895, RE: Red Hat 5.2 boot disk

Braden N. McDaniel braden at shadow.net
Mon Dec 21 01:17:54 PST 1998

False alarm. The problem I experienced was apparently a fluke. It seems to
be working fine now.

> > Is this disk available yet? If so, where? I'm having no luck with the
> > shipping boot disk with my AIC-7895 (Intel DK440LX motherboard).

I'd still be somewhat interested if such a boot disk available, but
obviously nolonger have such a pressing need.

I have noticed an odd, and apparently benign, glitch. Whenever I boot up, I
get a message claiming I am using an illegal cable configuration. But I
don't, and things seem to work just fine.

Braden