scsi devices on ASUS P2B-DS

George Vicherek george at ied.com
Sat Aug 29 02:40:51 PDT 1998

Hidong Kim wrote:
> an end device.  Since things were working with only
> the SCSI hard drive connected, I assume that the hard
> drive is also terminated.  Now I want to add a 4 mm

Which level of the aic7xxx patch have you used for the aic driver?

> DDS-2 SCSI tape drive onto the 50-pin Fast SCSI
> connector of the motherboard.  Does the tape drive
> need to be terminated?  Does it have to have a

Try to connect the HDD to the LVD bus. It should still work, even if it
is SE. Then, if your MB contains AIC 3860 chip, it probably has
electrically separated the LVD and SE buses. Then, you need to have
terminated your SCSI tape. If you use the SE Wide SCSI for your HDD and
narrow SCSI for the tape, I *** guess *** you should be terminating the
tape drive and the HDD as well, and switch off termination for the host
adapter - but then the adapter is not an end device.

> different SCSI ID from the hard drive?  I've tried

SCSI IDs need to be different in any case.