No subject

Marc Cluet lynxman at lynxman.net
Wed Aug 5 09:44:09 PDT 1998

Hi all
I have an AIC7880 card and I just aquired a new SCSI cd-rom reader from
TEAC.
The scsi cdrom works weel under windows 98 (sorry I have it for working
needs) and when I try to mount the unit under linux it blocks the whole
SCSI bus and it gives me timeouts from the scsi HD where linux is
installed.
Here is the data:
The scsi reader is detected by the kernel and attached to /dev/sr0 at
boottime
When trying to do any kind of operation with the reader (any kind of data
transfer) the SCSI bus freezes and begins to show timeouts, and the linux
OS is installed on a SCSI HD so I have to reset in order to recover it

Ok, I hope you can help me out on this
Thank you very much
Marc Cluet
Lag systems

---
     / /             \\  / /                  /\  / / http://www.lynxman.net
    / /               \\/ /                  /  \/ / lynxman at lynxman.net
   / /    __  __   __  / /            _____ /     / lynxman at cis.net
  / /    / /_/ //\/ / / \\    /\/\/\ / _  //     / lynxman at vesatec.com
 / /___  \__  //   / / / \\  / / / // // // /\  / lynxman at servitec.net
        \___/
    - = This is a world of desperation oh my friend! keep on trying! = -