Starting Point.

Robert Watson rwatson at FreeBSD.org
Thu May 6 18:45:41 GMT 2004

On Thu, 6 May 2004, Wade Klaver wrote:

> So, once I newfs with UFS2, am I correct in understanding that I can
> remove the UFS_EXTATTR_AUTOSTART and UFS_EXTATTR options from my kernel?
> Do they have any function beyond ACL support for UFS1?

That is correct: those options only apply to UFS1, and if you have no UFS1
file systems where you are using extended attributes, they are not
required.

> Your prediction regarding the 5.0 install was correct, by the way.

One of the perils of being an early adopter, I'm afraid...  But that said,
early adopters go much appreciated around here and we encourage you to do
it more :-).

Thanks,

robert at fledge.watson.org      Senior Research Scientist, McAfee Research