info please

Chris Wright chris at wirex.com
Wed Dec 18 03:36:59 GMT 2002

* Paris Stefas (parisstc at hotmail.com) wrote:

> Hi to everyone
> My name is Paris Stefas and i am a student at the department of technology
> education and digital systems , university of Piraeus, Greece.The reason i
> sent this message is that i am writing a diplomma thesis on trusted
> operating systems and i would be very grateful if anyone told me any extra
> resource for documentation besides the 2 files located on the trustedBSD
> webpage .The fact is that  i'm trying to form a complete opinion on the
> subject and maybe perform some tests in order to present an interesting
> paper.

You may like to start with some history.  I'd certainly recommend
some classics like the Saltzer and Schroeder paper "The Protection
of Information in Computer Systems" from 1975 IEEE Proceedings.
Also, reviewing Multics papers could be useful (there was a recent
paper re: Multics called "Thrity Years Later: Lessons from Multics
Security Evaluation" that's an interesting read).  The papers and
bibliographies for the SELinux work should give you more good reading
material <http://www.nsa.gov/selinux/background.html>.  You may also
be able to find a few useful bits and bibliography entries from the LSM
papers on <http://lsm.immunix.org/lsm_doc.html>.

hope that helps,
-chris