[GSoC'20 Weekly update #2] - NetFPGA SUME reference NIC device driver

Denis Salopek denissal at freebsd.org
Sun Jun 14 13:19:34 UTC 2020

Following the SUME Linux driver code, I started to do simple steps to
initialize the necessary resources (buffers, DMA, network interfaces...) in
order to enable the communication with the board.

I managed to implement basic reading/writing from/to a SUME register. The
interrupt handlers and locking mechanisms are still not implemented so this
works only for simple one-shot read/write operations.

The next step is obviously figuring out interrupts/locking so it can be
done for real.

More details on my github repo:
https://github.com/denisSal/freebsd-sume

Regards,