Libbe/be Status Wk 7

Kyle Kneitinger kneit at pdx.edu
Sun Jul 23 10:14:02 UTC 2017

Hello All!

This week was a little slow in terms of progress due to some personal
things, however I'm still content with the progress I made.  I'm moving
into the final phase of my project, the support for recursive boot
environments, and spent this week improving my overall code quality of
everything else.  There is still a bit to due on that front, but I have a
lot of internet-less travel ahead of me, which would be a perfect time to
work on that and documentation.

I cut out a ton of redundant error checking that is handled by libzfs,
corrected a dependency error I had made (use of libbe in a userspace prog
used to require cflags for including libzfs, which is not present outside
of src).  Except for pretty listing of boot env info and a couple little
adjustments here and there, my `be` command is feature compatible with
`beadm` now, which is exciting.

I'm going to BSDCam on the 1st, and want to have a decent understanding of
the current boot handling of boot envs and how to adapt them for children
datasets before I get there, so this next week will be a lot of
src-reading, asking Allan questions, and documenting my findings.

Take care!
Kyle