GSoC status: PF testing, week 7

Panagiotes Mousikides paggas1 at yandex.com
Wed Jul 19 11:28:19 UTC 2017

Hello everybody!

Work is going well on writing tests for pf, the FreeBSD network filter.
Here is what has happened since the last update.

The rules parsing tests, i.e. pfctl, are now ready for inclusion. We
have now fixed various loose ends and the code is now integrated into
the FreeBSD build system, and can be built and installed together with
the rest of the system.

Work is still going on for the kernel tests.  We have now 2 different
alternative ways of implementing those:

1.  Run all tests locally using something like epair(4).
2.  Run everything on VMs that get automatically spun off of the host
machine, connecting them with something like tap(4).

Have a look at our previous status updates at the soc-status at freebsd.org
mailing list, as well as our GitHub repository at
https://github.com/paggas/freebsd, where the work is under the 'paggas'
branch.

Best regards,
Panagiotes