GSoC Week 5, add usbdump support to Wireshark

Jie Weng jerrywossion at gmail.com
Wed Jul 5 16:14:12 UTC 2017

Hello everyone,

Recently I've finished the work to add support for reading usbdump file
formats. I was stuck in handling the non-regular format of the dumped file:
several records are grouped as a black, and a length field is added in the
beginning of the block. I managed to solve this by using a private field in
a struct of wiretap library. The solution is very simple in fact, but still
a lot of time was wasted due to my unfamiliar with the wireshark internals.

I will work on adding dissection support next, this park of work is more
important.

Best regards,
Jie Weng