GSoC status: PF testing, week 5

Panagiotes Mousikides paggas1 at yandex.com
Tue Jul 4 20:04:58 UTC 2017

Hello everybody!

Work is going well on writing tests for pf, the FreeBSD network filter.
Here is what has happened since the last update.

Regarding pfctl tests, we have now better descriptions the the various
tests, as well as some ALTQ tests.

We have also created some network tests now, which exist in the source
tree under src/tests/sys/netpfil/pf.  The tests cover some simple
blocking rules for now.

We have also improved integration of the test suite to FreeBSD's build
system.  Both the pfctl tests and the network tests can be created with
'make', installed with 'make install' (as root), and then run from
/usr/tests with 'kyua make'.

Have a look at my GitHub repository at
https://github.com/paggas/freebsd, my work is under the 'paggas' branch.

Best regards,