[gsoc2015] FreeBSD libc security extensions

Oliver Pinter oliver.pntr at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 14:58:11 UTC 2015

Hi All!

This year I'm working on porting the FORTIFY_SOURCE and libc security
extensions to FreeBSD.
The first part is mostly done, some functions, properly hooking in to
the build (mark the required programs to build with FORTIFY_SOURCE)
and testing are remained. In my schedule this would be done till 5.
July.

At current state these are done:
 * ported the functions from bionic libc, as you could see on the
projects wiki page:
https://wiki.freebsd.org/SummerOfCode2015/FreeBSDLibcSecurityExtensions
 * hooked in to the build
 * setted up build test:
http://jenkins.hardenedbsd.org:8180/jenkins/job/opBSD-11-fortify-amd64/
 * generated ISOs are here:
http://jenkins.hardenedbsd.org/builds/opBSD-11-fortify-amd64-LATEST/ .

I proceed mostly based on my scheduling.

Oliver

PS.:
Yes, I have forgotten the previous status e-mails.