evdev status report #7 & #8

Brooks Davis brooks at freebsd.org
Wed Jul 16 18:43:20 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jul 16, 2014 at 12:42:36AM +0200, Jakub Klama wrote:
>  Hi,
>
>  This is combined status report #7 and #8 for GSoC project named
>  "Implementation of evdev protocol and touchscreens support".
>
>  Done last week^Wtwo weeks:
>  * evdev support for atkbd(4), psm(4) and kbdmux(4). kbdmux is seen
>    as a regular keyboard.
>  * fixed issues with SYN_DROPPED packets generation
>  * created stripped-down version of libevdev suitable to be included
>    in the base system
>  * started working on terasic_mtl evdev multitouch driver, used on
>    BERI_DE4 platform
>  * merged changes from HEAD onto project branch
>  * attended to DevSummit :-)
>
>  Next week:
>  * finish & test terasic_mtl multitouch driver
>  * create some multitouch demo for BERI_DE4
>  * look for what can gain an evdev support - maybe some power switch
>    or a laptop lid?

On BERI it would be great if the DE4 and SoCKit buttons could be
available.  Right now their state is available via a simple memory
map, but presumably Jon could do something smarter with them if that
were useful.  We'd infact like to be able to use the to do things like
trigger a shutdown of the table platforms.

-- Brooks