GSoC status Week #5: BHyVe suspend/resume
fivo.11235813 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 24 21:36:23 UTC 2013
The project goal is to append suspend/resume feature to BHyVe(BSD
In this week, I've done these things:
- add NMI issue in suspend ioctl so that VM guest sleep immediately.
- add implementation to copy all register state except x87/MMX/SSE
registers s\to userland in ioctl.
- test ioctl with small userland application.
- add suspend hook in vmrun so suspend handling to be called either in
kernel and in userland(bhyve).
- save x87/MMX/SSE registers (suspend-hook).
- save bhyve process depending state(like ctx).
[will be opened in a week]
- dump guest memory
- restore registers
More information about the soc-status